Country spinner 2 - Ashford
The compact and portable Country Spinner 2 is suitable for fancy yarns.
This spinning wheel, originally inspired by the Cowichan Indians on Vancouver Island who spun their thick son, was launched in 1980 as an Indian spinning wheel. Over time it was transformed into a "Country" spinning wheel and in 1999 was equipped with double pedaling.
The COUNTRY 2 spinning wheel is equipped with many features including a 27 mm (1 1/8 inch) hole, a pin and a large spool (can hold up to 1,4 kg of wool) that allow spinning and spinning. easily twisted fancy yarns. The 3 slow ratios allow the spinner to control and manipulate the wool as it stretches. The wheel is mounted on a ball bearing, while the pedals are hinged; spinning is therefore effortless, silent and very smooth.
- 3-speed spool with ratios of 3, 4 and 5: 1 and a capacity of 900 g to 1 kg;
- 27mm wide pin hole for extra thick wires;
- Hole height: 72,5 cm (28 1/2 inches);
- Soft leather brake band and sensitive tension adjustment;
- Polyurethane hinges (maintenance-free);
- Polyurethane connecting rods for smooth treadling;
- Nylon fasteners for connecting rods;
- Double treadle;
- Diameter of the wheel: 46 cm;
- Weight: 8 kg
- Choice of natural or lacquered finish.
- 1 Country three-speed bobbin;
- 1 threading hook.
Optional: Orifice reducers, slip rings, additional spools, creel for Country 2 spinners.
Please note that Ashford products are only available for deliveries to Canada.